What you’ll learn
- Build critical self-awareness of your own self-doubt and common imposter coping strategies, like perfectionism, hyper-achieving, comparison, and procrastination
- Rewire your brain to move to inner confidence, and learn how to leverage new tools like your inner board of directors and reframing negative thought patterns
- Learn to get unstuck through taking microsteps, moving before you’re ready and communicating with confidence – all quick fire ways to bust up the saboteur
- Practice overcoming imposter syndrome when you fail by getting good at telling on yourself, asking for help and the use of vulnerability, humility
In our world today, some of the most accomplished leaders I know secretly admit to feeling like an imposter.
This feeling can show up like a nagging sense of insecurity, or a sneaking suspicion that you’re in the wrong place or role. It can show up like a lack of confidence in your professional life, or an inability to rid yourself of patterns of negative self-talk. Or it can show up just as you stretch into new territory, a vicious inner critic there to keep you from truly owning your power, taking up space and showing up with confidence.
Sound familiar? The good news is this feeling is pervasive and normal – and also ultimately surmountable. Whatever your particular brand of insecurity or self-doubt, I built this user-friendly, engaging course to help you build the skills you need to identify the imposter syndrome when it pops up for you and combat your own self-doubt.
Welcome to your course on Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome and Self-Doubt! In this course, I’ll provide short lectures to help get clear on your particular pattern of self-doubt so that you can build the inner and outer practices to shift and immediately apply these lessons to your work or life. The videos in this course are standalone. That means you don’t have to watch in any particular order, though they build off each other over time. Each lecture is short and focused, so if you’re searching for a specific skill or topic that’s relevant for you, take a look through the tips to find the knowledge you need when you need it.
I created this practical Udemy course for you—filled with my unique insights from coaching leaders at Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits and government agencies around the world for over 10 years. This course is packed with the most practical, real world training that has been requested by my clients again and again, and it’s built specifically to get you acting with more confidence and intentionality today.
This course is built specifically for any professional in any industry at any level who wants to get targeted, quick, practical help to respond to nagging feelings of self-doubt and imposter syndrome in a variety of situations.
Oh and did I mention that we laugh a lot in this course? Failure requires a sense of humor, and if we’re not having fun while we’re practicing, it’s not working.
In this course, we will cover:
- Identifying and overcoming the saboteur
- How to rewire your brain and reframe negative thought patterns
- Taking microsteps to build accountability
- When and how to ask for help when you actually need more training
- Develop your inner board of directors as a cure for insecurities
- Using the power of visualization to fake it ‘till you make it
- How to recover after failure: a guided practice
Each section deepens your ability to have more confidence in real-life situations – particularly if you are stepping into bigger, better, new, unfamiliar or challenging professional situations.
Section 1 is all about understanding the imposter syndrome: What it is, how its helpful, and how to spot when it’s happening. Section 2 will help you build the critical self-awareness of your own self-doubt and common imposter coping strategies, like perfectionism, hyper-achieving, comparison, and procrastination. Section 3 will help you rewire your brain to move to inner confidence, helping you lean into tools like your inner board of directors, reframing negative thought patterns, visualizations and self-celebration
And then, Section 4, is all about action, like how to get unstuck through taking microsteps, move before you’re ready and communicate with confidence. Finally in Section 5, you’ll learn to deal with failure, and how to respond with courage and grace by telling on yourself, asking for help and the use of vulnerability, humility and humor.
So what are you waiting for? Jump to see how even one of these lectures can change your life, giving you a competitive edge to help you advance in your job and personal life. I’m thrilled to help guide you as you expand your skills and overcome imposter syndrome and self-doubt starting today.