What you’ll learn
- Learn the fundamental concepts of containerization technologies like docker and kubernetes
- Learn how to create and use docker images
- Learn how to create custom docker image using dockerfile
- Learn how to create Kubernetes YAML file
- Learn how to create public and private Elastic Container Registry
- Learn how to push docker image to ECR
- Learn how to provision and manage container on AWS cloud with Elastic Container Services, Elastic Kubernetes Services and AWS Fargate
- Learn to create tasks and services with AWS ECS
- Learn how to scale up/down an application using Kubernetes
- Learn how to create and use Amazon ECS and EKS Cluster
- Learn how to use eksctl, docker and kubectl command line.
Containerization technologies are playing a big role in a modern software development. With the help of containers one can pack their code with required dependencies/lib to make an application to run anywhere. It enables IT organizations to become more agile and scalable.
In this course, you will learn about different containerization technologies like:
- AWS ECR (Elastic Container Registry)
- AWS ECS (Elastic Container Services) on EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute)
- AWS Fargate (Serverless ECS)
- AWS EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Services)
- What is Docker?
Docker is an open source platform for building, deploying, and managing containerized applications in mission to solve the ‘it works on my machine’ headache.
- What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open-source container orchestration tool for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- What is AWS ECR?
Amazon Elastic Container Registry is a managed container image registry service just like docker hub or Red hat quay to store docker images.
- What is AWS ECS?
Amazon Elastic Container Services is a fully managed container orchestration service that makes it easy for you to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications.
- What is AWS Fargate?
AWS Fargate enable to use Amazon ECS for running containers without managing servers or clusters of Amazon EC2 instances.
- What is AWS EKS?
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service is a managed Kubernetes (container orchestration) service that makes it easy for you to run Kubernetes on AWS.
This course has short and concise lessons in pragmatic style to make you confident over container technologies. Hope this course help you to learn something new and take your skill to the next level.
All the best. Keep Learning and keep moving ahead.