What you’ll learn
- Setup SQL Server Database Server
- Connect to SQL Server using SSMS
- Restore sample database
- Create a database
- Create a table in the database
- Insert data into the table
- Create views
- Update the data
- Read the data
- Backup database
- Delete the data
- Truncate table
- Delete table
- Delete database
- Restore database
Transact-SQL is Microsoft’s and Sybase’s proprietary extension to the SQL used to interact with relational databases.
What is SQL?
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
- SQL became a standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986, and of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987
- What Can SQL do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
- SQL is a Standard – BUT….
- Although SQL is an ANSI/ISO standard, there are different versions of the SQL language.
- However, to be compliant with the ANSI standard, they all support at least the major commands (such as SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, WHERE) in a similar manner.
Note: Most of the SQL database programs also have their own proprietary extensions in addition to the SQL standard!
This course you will learn how to create a database, create a table in the database, insert data into the table, update the data, read the data, delete the data, and then delete the table. You will create views ,backup and restore database.