What you’ll learn
- To understand why people will leave their jobs and how much it really costs to replace them and where those costs are.
- What initial considerations you will need to make when someone resigns and the different options open to you for replacing them.
- The legal pitfalls with recruitment and how to avoid them.
- How to write a great job ad and where to advertise to really attract a side range of potential quality applicants.
- How to fully screen applications and what red flags you may need to look out for.
- The simple structure for a smooth and effective interview along with great question technique, questions to avoid, the STAR process, and how to read applican
- The factors to consider when making your hiring decision on who is the best fit for your business.
- How to make the job offer and checking those references.
Recruitment is costly and poses a huge problem for small business owners and Managers alike in ensuring you can gain the best talent in the most efficient and cost-effective way and avoid the dreaded recruitment spiral of hire and then rehire. Getting the right person in the right job the first time will help you avoid just that and ensure your costs are reduced. Many managers don’t know how to effectively recruit – after all they are too busy running their businesses and they are not HR or hiring professionals, but it is a skill worth learning. That said, your people are the face of your business, therefore getting the right people is critical.
This course will help you to become more strategic and structured when you recruit through teaching you the key elements that make up an effective recruitment process. It will show you what you need to think about and the practical things that you can you can easily implement yourself to make your process more streamlined and hence successful in getting the right person in the right job and ensuring they stay. Overall, it will help you to become more recruitment and interview savvy.
What differentiates our course from others is the fact that it is based around years of practical experience and the process we cover is common sense and simple to use. In addition, we provide you with some tried and trusted take away tools to use going forward that will help keep you on track. We aren’t just HR and recruitment specialists; we also know what it is like to work at the sharp end of a business and this course brings the best of that for you through looking at things from your perspective.