What you’ll learn
- How to write a interesting fantasy novel
- How to develop a clear plot structure
- How to build a fantasy world
- How to write improved protagonists and antagonists
- Additional tips and advice to add to your writing tool kit!
Welcome to the course where I show you how to write an in-depth, enjoyable fantasy novel that will keep your readers interested. Don’t make the same mistakes that so many novice authors make and create a fantasy novel that can challenge those of successful authors!
My name is Matthew Dewey and I am a writer. It is hard to say when my passion for writing began, but if I can recall it all started back in primary school. A small, pale child with not much to say, but plenty to write, or in most cases scribble, across a page. From there writing became a hobby, moving on to become a part-time job writing articles on various subjects from technology to programming. Suddenly, the spark was ignited and I wrote my first novel. From there I was hooked onto something that was akin to a calling.
Enough monologue, it is time to tell you what this course is worth to you. First, That being said, this course was created with the express intention to teach the fundamentals of writing a fantasy novel. In my rising through the writing world I found that information was handed freely, but not with enough dedication and forethought. The advice lacking and the examples poor. I decided to push through and after several years developed my own toolkit that is simple and multipurpose. The first and most important lesson I learned was how not to write a fantasy novel. From there I experimented and found the positives.
In addition to the research, I also write from experience, having written several fantasy novels and articles on the subject as well.
I will show you how to:
- Create better fantasy worlds
- Establish plot structure
- Improve protagonists and antagonists
- Add emotion to your novel
- Improve side characters with subplots
- Create Story and Character development
- Decide on creating a series or not
- AND many tips and advice to add to your writing arsenal!
Welcome to the Writing a Fantasy Novel for Beginners Course! I will show what you need to know to develop an interesting Fantasy novel and take it from boring to exciting!
“Writing is a powerful form of art, but it is the reader’s imagination that is the canvas, not the page.”